Minor Account Membership Application
When a Minor Membership is opened, the Minor who owns the account will have access to the funds and account.
If you require a membership where the minor does not have access to the funds and accounts, please open a Transfer to Minors Membership instead.
Thank you for choosing Star One Credit Union.
This application process will take approximately 10 minutes. You will need:
- Either your valid U.S. driver's license or State-issued identification card, U.S. issued passport, or U.S. military identification
- Your U.S. social security number
- Your beneficiary's social security number, birth date, and address, if designating a Pay on Death Beneficiary
- Your membership qualification:
- Live in Santa Clara County or the eight surrounding counties: provide your paystub, utility bill, or lease agreement for primary address verification if your physical address is not printed on your identification
- Work in Santa Clara County or the eight surrounding counties: provide your most recent paystub reflecting your work address (paystub must be issued within the last 30 days)
- Immediate family member or roommate: provide the legal name of the roommate or family member and their relationship to you
- Attend school in Santa Clara County or the eight surrounding counties: provide a recent copy of your class registration for in-person learning (exceptions may be made due to COVID Pandemic)
For your security, the system will log you off if there is no activity for 15 minutes.
To return to your saved application, follow the path below:
- Click on the 'Open Your Account' tab on Star One's Home page
- Click on the 'Return to Your Saved Application' button
- Click on 'Return to your saved membership application' link under Membership and Accounts page
- Select the link for the type of saved membership application
- Enter your Confirmation Number (this number displays on the Confirmation page and is sent to you in an automatic email)
Additional application tips
An error message "fix the highlighted error" may appear when completing individual information using the browser's autofill form feature.
This error is typically resolved by starting a new application without using the autofill feature.
If the error persists after discontinuing the autofill form, try one of the following before starting another new application:
- Use a different browser
- Use a different computer or mobile device
- Use private or incognito mode
- Clear browsing history
Personal Information Page – Enter full legal name as it appears on your valid U.S. Government-issued identification. Any variance may cause delays in processing your application and/or require additional documentation. Acceptable identification includes a valid U.S. state-issued Driver License or Identification Card (ID), U.S. Passport, or U.S. Military ID Card.
Various Pages – If the page contains disclosure(s), click the link to view the disclosure before proceeding. To opt in for the service, select the box.
Confirmation Page – When uploading files to application, click "Browse," select the file, click "Upload File," before clicking "Continue." Failure to click "Upload File" will cause the document to not be saved in the application.
TIN Certification – Applicants that are Exempt from Backup Withholding are typically legal resident that does not owe back taxes. Please consult with your tax advisor if you are unsure of your withholding status.
Membership Funding – Credit card funding may take up to 3-5 business days from the date of membership approval.
If you need additional assistance, please contact us.
Continue to the